This is a guest post from our friends at Virtuozzo, provider of alternative cloud platform for service providers, who has launched the Lite Edition of Jelastic DevOps Platform-as-Service software on Vultr Marketplace.
The Lite edition of the Jelastic DevOps Platform as a Service product is now available on Vultr Marketplace.
This lightweight version of the Jelastic-powered PaaS solution is designed for small and medium businesses that need a fast and cost-effective way to deploy a virtual private cloud with automation and simplified management.
DevOps PaaS Lite Edition can be installed automatically on Vultr servers in a matter of minutes.
Jelastic DevOps PaaS Lite Edition (LE) provides a single point of management for cluster admins, who can set up quotas and access rules, adjust software templates, add new packages to the application marketplace, and monitor and extend infrastructure on demand.
• Auto-scalable clusters of Wordpress, Magento, MySQL/MariaDB and other solutions available for one-click installation from built-in marketplace
• Support of microservices and legacy applications with zero code changes
• More than 50 certified containers out-of-the-box for Java, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, Python, Go environments
• Managed multi-tenant Kubernetes and Docker containers support
• Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling according to applications load
• Superb developer web portal for easy provisioning, scaling and updating environments
• Open API, CLI and SSH access for advanced container management
• Continuous integration with Git, SVN and other CI/CD services
• Automated clustering and replication for application servers and databases
• Comprehensive access control policies and collaboration capabilities
• Built-in metering, monitoring and troubleshooting tools
The minimum recommended size for DevOps PaaS LE installation is 160 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM and 4 CPU cores. However, during installation you can select Vultr instances of various capacities, based on your needs:
8 GB RAM - for initial setup and small projects
16GB+ RAM - for production environments with a medium load
32GB+ RAM - for large development and production environments
You can also increase the number of host servers while the platform is running, using the intuitive PaaS admin panel or simple command line inputs.
Here's a video that will walk you through the steps in this post
After registration, you get a free trial license for running DevOps PaaS LE on up to 10 nodes (maximum 64 GB RAM each) for 30 days. As a result, you are paying only for Vultr instances but not for the PaaS license. After 30 days, your DevOps PaaS LE license will cost 50% of the chosen server's price.
How to install DevOps PaaS Lite Edition
The platform setup is fully automated. Just go to Vultr Marketplace, initiate installation of Jelastic DevOps PaaS, and get it up and running by following these instructions.
After the installation, you can go directly to the Dev Panel and create your first cloud environment. Follow the dashboard guide for more details.
Or navigate to Ops Panel to manage your DevOps PaaS cluster. Use the Admin guide to get acquainted with available functionality.
Upgrade to Business or Enterprise Editions
In order to get an extended list of features and 24/7 support, you can upgrade the platform to Business or Enterprise Editions. Compare the functionality available within each option and request the upgrade based on your project needs.