We are excited to announce that Vultr is now a Crossplane provider via Upbound Marketplace. This addition marks a significant step forward in simplifying cloud resource management and offering greater flexibility to our customers.
Why is Crossplane Important?
Crossplane is a game-changer in cloud infrastructure management, offering a unified API for multicloud resource management. Adding Vultr to Crossplane is a significant move, simplifying and standardizing access to trusted cloud infrastructure services. This integration streamlines resource management, enhances portability, and ensures flexibility for users, combining the strengths of Vultr with the efficiency of Crossplane's unified approach to cloud resource management.
Crossplane solves for a number of complex infrastructure management challenges:
- Multicloud Management: Crossplane allows businesses using multiple cloud providers to manage their resources, avoiding vendor lock-in consistently.
- Infrastructure as Code: Infrastructure as Code empowers organizations to define and manage infrastructure as code, enhancing automation and reproducibility.
- Resource Provisioning: Crossplane can provision resources for applications, databases, storage, and more, making it invaluable for DevOps and IT teams.
How Does It Help Cloud-Native Teams?
Crossplane benefits consumers in several ways:
- Unified Management: Consumers can interact with cloud resources in a standardized way, simplifying infrastructure management.
- Reduced Vendor Lock-in: Concerns about being tied to a single cloud provider are alleviated as Crossplane enables resource management across various providers.
- Enhanced Portability: Applications become more flexible and portable since they can easily be deployed across different cloud environments.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Crossplane tackles several challenges in infrastructure management:
- Complex Infrastructure Management: Crossplane simplifies the management of complex, multi-cloud, or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Infrastructure as Code: By promoting Infrastructure as Code practices, Crossplane streamlines infrastructure management, making it more predictable, efficient, and easier for teams to manage.
How Do Crossplane and Vultr Work Together?
Vultr uses Crossplane in a Vultr Kubernetes Engine (VKE) cluster to create and manage the infrastructure that powers our Container Registry product. Here’s what you need to know:
- Helm Deployment on VKE: Vultr starts by deploying Crossplane to a VKE cluster using Helm, which creates the foundation for infrastructure deployment.
- Vultr Provider: Using the Vultr Crossplane provider allows seamless creation and management of Vultr resources from the host cluster.
- Future-proof: when a new region is added to VCR, it’s as simple as defining the new resource and letting Crossplane do the rest.
The integration of Crossplane into Vultr's infrastructure management for VCR represents a significant leap forward in our commitment to providing cutting-edge cloud services. We're dedicated to simplifying your cloud experience and ensuring that you can fully harness VCR's capabilities while enjoying Crossplane's unified infrastructure management.