This guide explains how to resize the hard disk on a Vultr VPS. If you have recently upgraded your plan to a plan with a larger disk, then you can follow these steps to start using the extra space.
Linux: Our provided templates will update the disk size automatically after rebooting your VPS.
Windows Server 2012/2016: By using a built-in utility called "Extend Volume Wizard".
- Open the "Server Manager" window. There is a shortcut on the desktop by default.
- Open the "Computer Management" window. This is accessible through "Server Manager" under the "Tools" menu.
- Select the "Disk Management" panel. This panel is on the left tree under "Storage".
- In the center of the "Disk Management" panel, you will see available volumes. Right click on the volume with available space and select "Extend Volume...". The "Extend Volume Wizard" will open.
- Follow the steps in the "Extend Volume Wizard". Once you have completed, your disk will have been resized.
Custom ISO: This will vary based on your operating system. You will likely need to add the space as a new partition. Ubuntu users can use the
cloud-init utility to help assist with disk resizing.
Want to contribute ?
You could earn up to $300 by adding new articles